Over 500 flights cancelled in Seattle (Tacoma) Airport
The snowfall and storm that crushed on the state of Washington lead to damage in electric lines, leaving over 50 thousand people without electricity; reports Associated Press.
According to the agency, failure in electric power supply were mostly caused by ETL that fell under the weight of the snow on the trees. Puget Sound Energy specialists are trying to contain the damages.
Service utilities across the state are in full readiness, and the snow is removed with the help of the military divisions.
During two days over 500 flights were cancelled, and 400 delayed in the largest aviation unit of the state Seattle/Tacoma Airport.
The agency stated that the current situation the governor of the state Jay Inslee declared state of emergency.
Back to news list
For more see RBC:
- 05.03.2021 Aeroflot Cancels Several International Flights for March-April
- 22.12.2020 Suspends UK Flights from December 22
- 21.08.2020 Resumes International Flights from Kazan, Novosibirsk and Kaliningrad
- 02.08.2020 Turkish Airlines Resume Flights
- 08.04.2020 Restrictions or additional opportunities? Charter flights in the fight against coronavirus