Following British Airways Lufthansa suspends flights to Cairo
20 July German Lufthansa following British Airways suspended flights to Cairo due to security reasons reports ARD with reference to the air carrier.
"As security is the main priority for Lufthansa, airlines suspended its flights to Cairo to evaluate the situation", - says the statement. Reasons for the decision were not clarified.
It is said, that Lufthansa will resume flights to the capital of Egypt on 21 July, while British Airways to remain closed for at least 7 days.
See more on RBC:
- 11.10.2019 China Eastern Airlines to Suspend Flights to Pulkovo
- 24.09.2019 AirbridgeCargo cancels flights from China due to National Day Celebration
- 15.04.2019 Over 1,000 Flights Cancelled in Chicago Airports
- 26.03.2019 54 Flights Cancelled in Frankfurt Airport
- 18.02.2019 Lufthansa Cargo Increases Airfreight Surcharge