Following British Airways Lufthansa suspends flights to Cairo
20 July German Lufthansa following British Airways suspended flights to Cairo due to security reasons reports ARD with reference to the air carrier.
"As security is the main priority for Lufthansa, airlines suspended its flights to Cairo to evaluate the situation", - says the statement. Reasons for the decision were not clarified.
It is said, that Lufthansa will resume flights to the capital of Egypt on 21 July, while British Airways to remain closed for at least 7 days.
See more on RBC:
- 03.11.2021 Qatar Airways Begins Flights from Sheremetyevo Airport
- 19.09.2021 Russia To Restore Flights with Four Countries
- 15.09.2021 Flights to Turkey and Egypt To Restore from Russian Cities
- 05.03.2021 Aeroflot Cancels Several International Flights for March-April
- 22.12.2020 Russia Suspends UK Flights from December 22