The second global aviation investment Summit (GIAS 2020) was held in Dubai from 27 to 29 January. Ministers and heads of civil aviation authorities of UAE and many countries of the world took part in this most important event for the industry and discussed the biggest investment projects in aviation, as well as development prospects and possible challenges in this area.
The three-day Summit, organized by the General Directorate of civil aviation (GCAA), UAE, includes a record number of events, interactive panel discussions on financing aviation projects and new models for airport development, sharing experiences on passenger service, and many other aspects of this dynamic business.
The first day of the Summit was devoted to three main topics:
- the financing of aviation;
- financing of airport projects;
- methods and technologies of project financing and fundraising.
Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi, CEO of GCAA, said: "we strive through GIAS to create an ideal global platform that brings together more than 1,200 international delegates and 200 investors interested in investing in aviation, as well as providing an opportunity to exchange opinions and experiences, discuss and analyze the latest industry trends, leading to the development of strategies and mechanisms that help attract more investment in the aviation sector and increase the growth and sustainability of the global economy."
Representatives of Delivery World took an active part in the Summit, exchanged experience with business colleagues and scheduled a number of business meetings with them at the end of GIAS 2020.Back to news list
- 25.07.2022 Colombian Pride: Coffee Beans by Airfreight from Colombia
- 15.07.2022 Youth Potion: Anti Age Cosmetics from Japan by Airfreight
- 27.06.2022 Footprint of Heritage: Italian Shoes by Airfreight
- 15.06.2022 Woven Centuries: Handmade Carpets by Airfreight
- 06.06.2022 Thousand and One Scents: Perfumes by Airfreight from the UAE