The second global aviation investment Summit (GIAS 2020) was held in Dubai from 27 to 29 January. Ministers and heads of civil aviation authorities of UAE and many countries of the world took part in this most important event for the industry and discussed the biggest investment projects in aviation, as well as development prospects and possible challenges in this area.
The three-day Summit, organized by the General Directorate of civil aviation (GCAA), UAE, includes a record number of events, interactive panel discussions on financing aviation projects and new models for airport development, sharing experiences on passenger service, and many other aspects of this dynamic business.
The first day of the Summit was devoted to three main topics:
- the financing of aviation;
- financing of airport projects;
- methods and technologies of project financing and fundraising.
Saif Mohammed Al Suwaidi, CEO of GCAA, said: "we strive through GIAS to create an ideal global platform that brings together more than 1,200 international delegates and 200 investors interested in investing in aviation, as well as providing an opportunity to exchange opinions and experiences, discuss and analyze the latest industry trends, leading to the development of strategies and mechanisms that help attract more investment in the aviation sector and increase the growth and sustainability of the global economy."
Representatives of Delivery World took an active part in the Summit, exchanged experience with business colleagues and scheduled a number of business meetings with them at the end of GIAS 2020.Back to news list
- 23.05.2023 Say “Cheese”: Photo Equipment from Philippines
- 12.05.2023 Weightless Cargo: Graphene from Bratislava
- 02.05.2023 Delivery World on LogiMat 2023
- 22.04.2023 Safe Sun: Sunglasses by Airfreight from Japan
- 12.04.2023 Salut the Skies: Fireworks by Airfreight from Milano