Fire in Iskenderum Port
According to Reuters witnesses and video footage, after the earthquake, a container collapsed and caused a serious fire at Iskenderun Port, Turkey's largest port in the south of Hatay province on the eastern Mediterranean coast. CCTV News reported on February 6 that at around 17:00 local time on February 6, the container in the yard of Iskenderun Port in Turkey overturned and caught fire due to unknown reasons.
The Port of Iskenderun is a Mediterranean port in Turkey, located in the Hatay province of Turkey, which is an earthquake-stricken province. Maritime infrastructure was also damaged following a 7.7-magnitude earthquake in southern Turkey . Due to the earthquake, part of the port terminal was damaged, and a large number of containers collapsed.
It is also understood that Turkey's Hatay Airport was damaged in the earthquake, while Kahramanmaras Airport and Gaziantep Airport have been closed to the public.
For more informations see: https://min.news/en/world/9e42eb56a4dd99aeefb7ede9f92005ac.htmlBack to news list
- 23.05.2023 Say “Cheese”: Photo Equipment from Philippines
- 12.05.2023 Weightless Cargo: Graphene from Bratislava
- 02.05.2023 Delivery World on LogiMat 2023
- 22.04.2023 Safe Sun: Sunglasses by Airfreight from Japan
- 12.04.2023 Salut the Skies: Fireworks by Airfreight from Milano