Portugal One Day Strike
Portugal public sector employees began one-day strike. The schools are closed, service utilities do not remove garbage. Customs employees took part in the strike as well. Considerable part of medics did not come to work at hospitals. Hundreds of surgeries are cancelled. Unions request the government to increase the salaries of the public sector staff.
The Unions claim that the salaries of approximately 600,000 public sector employees have not been increased from 2009. In 2011, to prevent default, Lisbon had to adopt several tough economic measures in exchange to financial aid from EU states.
Source: EuronewsBack to news list
- 15.07.2022 Youth Potion: Anti Age Cosmetics from Japan by Airfreight
- 27.06.2022 Footprint of Heritage: Italian Shoes by Airfreight
- 06.06.2022 Thousand and One Scents: Perfumes by Airfreight from the UAE
- 18.05.2022 Eastern Fashion: Apparel from Colombo by Airfreight
- 04.05.2022 Ancient Tradition: Fabrics by Airfreight from Delhi