Portugal One Day Strike
Portugal public sector employees began one-day strike. The schools are closed, service utilities do not remove garbage. Customs employees took part in the strike as well. Considerable part of medics did not come to work at hospitals. Hundreds of surgeries are cancelled. Unions request the government to increase the salaries of the public sector staff.
The Unions claim that the salaries of approximately 600,000 public sector employees have not been increased from 2009. In 2011, to prevent default, Lisbon had to adopt several tough economic measures in exchange to financial aid from EU states.
Source: EuronewsBack to news list
- 28.11.2022 Sunny Freight: Airfreight from Exotic Destinations
- 17.11.2022 Space on Air: Satellite Equipment from USA
- 03.11.2022 Where Bright Minds Gather: Delivery World on GITEX 2022
- 27.10.2022 Filigree Airfeight: Jewelry from Lisbon
- 05.10.2022 Matrimonio Italiano: Wedding Dresses from Milano by Airfreight