Over 1,500 Flights Cancelled in Chicago
Over 1,500 flights got cancelled in Chicago on Wednesday due to life threatening cold weather. In some areas the temperature dropped down to record levels.
Not less than 1,175 cancellations were registered at O'Hare airport at 8 am on Wednesday, and 326 cancellation at Midway Airport.
According to Chicago Department of Aviation delays at both airports compiled 15 minutes.
Freezing wind notice starting 6 pm Tuesday was given for all areas of Chicago.
Record and life threatening cold has crushed over the city and lasted for a night. The morning lowest temperatures compiled from -15 to -25 degrees C, and the wind temperature achieved from -45 to 55 degrees C, further drop down to -60 degrees is possible.
The temperatures are expected to drop to as low as - 10 to -20 C during the day, with dangerous wind marks of -35 to -50C. There exists possibility of snowstorms in some instances, and strong wind may cause drifting snow with nearly full darkness especially in rural areas.
Source: NBC ChicagoBack to news list
- 28.11.2022 Sunny Freight: Airfreight from Exotic Destinations
- 17.11.2022 Space on Air: Satellite Equipment from USA
- 05.09.2022 Under the Sea: Scuba Equipment from Seatle by Airfreight
- 05.01.2022 Analyzing: Equipment for Chemical Analysis
- 18.06.2021 Calls from Space: Satellite Phots from USA