It's Clear: X-ray Machines and Spare Parts from Taipei to Almaty
X-Ray was invented by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen in 1895. He discovered fluorescent effect of Barium Platinic Cyanide, described unique ability of the rays to penetrate through body tissues. The rays were named X-Rays, and in Russia it is called Roentgen Rays.
The rays penetrate through soft body tissues, but are stopped by firm tissues (bones). Several scientists undertook similar researches before Roentgen, but as it was never published, and the scientists was not aware of the preceding developments. The invention was confirmed after publication in 1895, and in 1901 Roentgen was awarded with Noble Prize. Works and researches aimed to X-Ray improvement were carried later.
Probably everyone has gone through X-Ray examination at least once in a life, and one can hardly imagine hospital not equipped with X-Ray machine. Nevertheless X-Ray machines and related materials are used not only for medical purposes:
- Lego blocks contain Barium Sulphate. This salt does not dissolve in water, which makes it non-toxic for human body, and clearly visible on X-Ray shots. So, if a child will swallow a piece, it will be easy to find it on the shots.
- In USSR old X-Ray shots were widely used to record banned music. Such records were called "discs on the bones" or "discs on the ribs". The materials cost nothing, and healthcare providers even thanked those, that helped to remove it from archives.
- In 1927 the first fluoroscope for footwear stores received patent, and was used in US and in Europe. X-Ray shot of the buyers' feet was used to make footwear selection easy. Nevertheless, after multiple complains on the damage cause to health by radiation (one lady's legs were cut off), all devices were recalled and destroyed.
- X-Ray radiation is seen even when pulling scotch tape in vacuum, and it is sufficient to make shots of body parts. Yet, pulling scotch in the air is totally safe.
In the middle of October Delivery World shipped lot of X-ray Machines and spare parts for it from Taipei to Almaty. The customer is finalizing customs proceedings, and soon, new devices will be available in the healthcare institutions of Kazakhstan.Back to news list
- 18.11.2019 French Chic: Perfume from Nice to Moscow by Airfreight
- 15.11.2019 KLM Informs on Introduction of New Governmental Tax Charge in Ivory Cost
- 05.11.2019 From Motherland of the Cars: Auto Spare Parts from Stuttgart to Moscow
- 19.10.2019 The Best Cargo: Delivering Belgian Chocolate from Brussels to Moscow
- 03.10.2019 “Cornitization”: Delivering Corn Seeds from France and Holland to Russia