Over 500 flights cancelled in Seattle (Tacoma) Airport
The snowfall and storm that crushed on the state of Washington lead to damage in electric lines, leaving over 50 thousand people without electricity; reports Associated Press.
According to the agency, failure in electric power supply were mostly caused by ETL that fell under the weight of the snow on the trees. Puget Sound Energy specialists are trying to contain the damages.
Service utilities across the state are in full readiness, and the snow is removed with the help of the military divisions.
During two days over 500 flights were cancelled, and 400 delayed in the largest aviation unit of the state Seattle/Tacoma Airport.
The agency stated that the current situation the governor of the state Jay Inslee declared state of emergency.
Back to news list
For more see RBC:
- 15.04.2019 Over 1,000 Flights Cancelled in Chicago Airports
- 26.03.2019 54 Flights Cancelled in Frankfurt Airport
- 01.02.2019 Over 1,500 Flights Cancelled in Chicago
- 20.01.2019 Russian Foreign Ministry Notifies on Over 1,000 Flights Cancellation in the USA
- 30.10.2018 Winter Schedule Domodedovo: British Airways Cancels All Heavy Jet Flights