Putin Gives New Names to Domodedovo, Vnukovo and Sheremet’yevo Airports
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed decree assigning names to over 40 airports across the country including Vnukovo, Domodedovo, and Sheremet’yevo Airports. The official document was published on May 31 on official internet portal of legislation.
According to it Vnukovo Airport will be named after aircraft builder Andrey Tupolev, Domodedovo will bear the name of the Russian scientists Mikhail Lomonosov, and Sheremetyevo the name of the prominent Russian poet Alexander Pushkin. In addition the Magadan Airport will be named after Vladimir Vysotskiy, and Mineralnye Vody airport after Mikhail Lermontov, while air harbour of Simpheropol will be named after Ivan Aivazovsky.Back to news list
- 19.10.2019 The Best Cargo: Delivering Belgian Chocolate from Brussels to Moscow
- 12.10.2019 Two Airports to Close in Japan due to Typhoon
- 11.10.2019 China Eastern Airlines to Suspend Flights to Pulkovo
- 03.10.2019 “Cornitization”: Delivering Corn Seeds from France and Holland to Russia
- 27.09.2019 AirbridgeCargo Introduces Terminal Handling Surcharge in Sheremet’yevo-1