Shanghai Airport Lockdown due to COVID-19
Multiple logistics companies are reporting that authorities have suspended operations in a major warehouse at Shanghai Pudong International Airport because of a COVID outbreak, putting a halt to most freighter activity at China's largest cargo airport.
The timing of the closure throws another wrench in supply chains already stretched thin by ocean and airfreight capacity shortages and extensive shipping delays as the peak export season kicks into high gear for the holidays. All-cargo carriers in Shanghai have faced delays and canceled flights for more than a week because of airport staffing shortages that occurred when authorities imposed strict COVID protocols to prevent the virus from spreading.
As of midday local time in China, several positive COVID cases were discovered at the Pudong Air Cargo Terminal (PACTL), forcing a pause in all ground handling, customs, and airfreight services in Shanghai, Christos Spyrou, CEO and founder of Hong Kong-based Neutral Air Partner, told FreightWaves.
PACTL is one of two cargo terminals at the Shanghai Pudong airport.
For more see https://finance.yahoo.com/Back to news list
- 28.07.2021 Event to Remember: Peace and Culture Earth Rally Japan 2019
- 29.01.2021 COVID-19: Delivering Tests from Europe, China, Korea and USA
- 31.07.2020 Stop Disease: Antiseptic Concentrate by Airfreight from Johannesburg to Moscow
- 29.06.2020 On COVID Frontier: UF Disinfecting Lamps by Airfreight from Hong Kong to USA and Russia
- 10.04.2020 OVERVIEW OF THE SITUATION IN THE AIRFREIGHT DUE to COVID-19 PANDEMIC