Highest Level of Danger Declared in China as Typhoon Lekima Approaches
Red (highest) level of danger declared in the East of China due to approaching typhoon Lekima, reports National Meteorological Center (NMC) web-site). Accordingtoitthisisthestrongesttyphoon since 2014.
The typhoon which is currently close to Zhejiang Province on the Eastern coast will reach mainland on Saturday, August 10. Further it will move to the North of the country, and will start to lose strength from August 12.
The maximum speed of the wind has already reached 58 m/s on August 9. Strong storms are expected to hit ten provinces along Eastern coast. The center has also issued warning to Yangzi river area, including Shanghai.
Typhoon also threatens Eastern and Northern parts of Taiwan. NMC warns that the precipitation level will reach 250-320 mm.
Reuters reports that Taiwan authorities has suspended railway communication in coastal areas, closed markets and schools, and over 40 thousand of buildings are cut from electricity, over 300 flights were cancelled. Strong rain and storm that are expected to start in Shanghai from Friday will last till Sunday, says Shanghai Daily.Back to news list
- 15.01.2020 Delivery World has arranged air freight of luxury perfume to Dubai
- 17.12.2019 Air Bridge canceled flights of wide-body aircraft from London to Moscow (Domodedovo) until March 28, 2020
- 28.11.2019 Flying Carpets: Airfreight of Carpets from Bangkok to Moscow
- 25.11.2019 Urgent preparation for winter - air freight of children's down jackets from Beijing to Moscow
- 15.11.2019 KLM Informs on Introduction of New Governmental Tax Charge in Ivory Cost