54 Flights Cancelled in Frankfurt Airport
Software failure lead to cancellation of 54 flights at Frankfurt Am Main airport. The flights carrying over 4,100 passengers got delayed. Reports local Frankfuter Neue Presse.
Major failures in flight control system work started from 21 March at Langen airpot. To prevent accidents the number of flights from Langen and Frankfurt was reduced by 25%. German Lufthansa cancelled 68 flights departing from Fankfurt on March 25.
German Flight Safety Service (DFS) states that system failure reduces traffic supervision operation. The failure affected the system providing such details as aircraft type, route, and expected arrival time.
For more see RBC:Back to news list
- 21.03.2020 «Ambulance» from Delivery World
- 11.03.2020 Aeroflot cancelled flights to Europe
- 05.03.2020 Air France-KLM Cargo - cancellation of China flights
- 29.02.2020 Restriction of air traffic between Russia, South Korea and China due to coronavirus
- 20.02.2020 Sichuan Airlines Cargo - 2020 summer schedule