54 Flights Cancelled in Frankfurt Airport
Software failure lead to cancellation of 54 flights at Frankfurt Am Main airport. The flights carrying over 4,100 passengers got delayed. Reports local Frankfuter Neue Presse.
Major failures in flight control system work started from 21 March at Langen airpot. To prevent accidents the number of flights from Langen and Frankfurt was reduced by 25%. German Lufthansa cancelled 68 flights departing from Fankfurt on March 25.
German Flight Safety Service (DFS) states that system failure reduces traffic supervision operation. The failure affected the system providing such details as aircraft type, route, and expected arrival time.
For more see RBC:Back to news list
- 02.04.2019 Moving to New Airport Istanbul Lead to Delays in Quotation by Airlines
- 01.04.2019 Turkish Airlines Cargo Temporal Suspention of Cargoes To and From Russia
- 28.03.2019 From Cote D’Azure: Cosmetics from Nice by Airfreight
- 14.03.2019 Russian Federal Air Transport Agency Bans Boeing 737 MAX
- 13.03.2019 Vietnam Airlines Transfers its Moscow Operations from Domodedovo to Sheretyevo Airport