Delta Airlines Suspends Direct Flights to Russia
U.S airline Delta Airlines will suspend direct flights from Moscow to New York starting September 7 until May 2017, the airline's representative announced today.
The service is not terminated, but there will be a different route, according to the representative.
Passengers will have an option to fly to New York from Moscow via Amsterdam or Paris, from where Delta Airlines operates with its partner Air France/KLM, the representative said.
According to the booking service on Delta Airlines' website, there is a direct flight from Moscow to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) scheduled for Tuesday. The website also offers a connecting flight to New York from the Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport made jointly with Air France.
There are no direct flights from New York to Moscow on September 6 on the company's website. Starting September 7, the airline's booking service offers only flights with one or two changes of planes in Amsterdam, Paris, Boston, Detroit, Atlanta, or the Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport. These flights are operated jointly with Air France/KLM and arrive in JFK, Newark Liberty International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport.
Delta Airlines, which competes with Aeroflot in making direct flights between Moscow and New York, has suspended the service in the winter season for the second time. The previous time the U.S. airline suspended the service due to sluggish demand was in December 2015 - May 2016.Back to news list
- 06.01.2020 The best Moscow’s clinics trust air freight Delivery World LLC
- 17.12.2019 Air Bridge canceled flights of wide-body aircraft from London to Moscow (Domodedovo) until March 28, 2020
- 28.11.2019 Flying Carpets: Airfreight of Carpets from Bangkok to Moscow
- 25.11.2019 Urgent preparation for winter - air freight of children's down jackets from Beijing to Moscow
- 18.11.2019 French Chic: Perfume from Nice to Moscow by Airfreight