Portugal One Day Strike
Portugal public sector employees began one-day strike. The schools are closed, service utilities do not remove garbage. Customs employees took part in the strike as well. Considerable part of medics did not come to work at hospitals. Hundreds of surgeries are cancelled. Unions request the government to increase the salaries of the public sector staff.
The Unions claim that the salaries of approximately 600,000 public sector employees have not been increased from 2009. In 2011, to prevent default, Lisbon had to adopt several tough economic measures in exchange to financial aid from EU states.
Source: EuronewsBack to news list
- 29.06.2019 Able to Change Everything: Delivering Shoes from Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai to Moscow
- 18.06.2019 Power Level: Delivering Pumping Equipment from Budapest to Moscow
- 01.06.2019 Putin Gives New Names to Domodedovo, Vnukovo and Sheremet’yevo Airports
- 30.05.2019 In Vino Veritas: Deliverying Equipment for Wine Plant from Milano to Moscow
- 19.05.2019 Heavy Pack: Delivering 73 Tonnes of Clothes from Dhaka to Moscow