Portugal One Day Strike
Portugal public sector employees began one-day strike. The schools are closed, service utilities do not remove garbage. Customs employees took part in the strike as well. Considerable part of medics did not come to work at hospitals. Hundreds of surgeries are cancelled. Unions request the government to increase the salaries of the public sector staff.
The Unions claim that the salaries of approximately 600,000 public sector employees have not been increased from 2009. In 2011, to prevent default, Lisbon had to adopt several tough economic measures in exchange to financial aid from EU states.
Source: EuronewsBack to news list
- 29.08.2019 The Hottest Cargo: 1,400 kgs of Crushed Red Pepper from Spain to Moscow
- 16.08.2019 In the Rhythm of Beauty: Cosmetics Adjusting to Biorhythm from Japan
- 08.08.2019 Highest Level of Danger Declared in China as Typhoon Lekima Approaches
- 31.07.2019 Hong Kong Government Warns on Typhoon Approaching
- 24.07.2019 Fall Garden in Summer: Fruit Tree Plants from Kishinev to Rostov