Portugal One Day Strike
Portugal public sector employees began one-day strike. The schools are closed, service utilities do not remove garbage. Customs employees took part in the strike as well. Considerable part of medics did not come to work at hospitals. Hundreds of surgeries are cancelled. Unions request the government to increase the salaries of the public sector staff.
The Unions claim that the salaries of approximately 600,000 public sector employees have not been increased from 2009. In 2011, to prevent default, Lisbon had to adopt several tough economic measures in exchange to financial aid from EU states.
Source: EuronewsBack to news list
- 29.09.2020 Weidmannsheil! Hunting Guns and Patrons from Austria to Moscow
- 10.09.2020 Japanese Longevity: Food Supplements by Airfreight from Japan to Moscow
- 21.08.2020 Russia Resumes International Flights from Kazan, Novosibirsk and Kaliningrad
- 14.08.2020 Like a King: Manicure Scissors and Accessories by Airfreight from Pakistan to Moscow
- 02.08.2020 Turkish Airlines Resume Flights to Russia