Portugal One Day Strike
Portugal public sector employees began one-day strike. The schools are closed, service utilities do not remove garbage. Customs employees took part in the strike as well. Considerable part of medics did not come to work at hospitals. Hundreds of surgeries are cancelled. Unions request the government to increase the salaries of the public sector staff.
The Unions claim that the salaries of approximately 600,000 public sector employees have not been increased from 2009. In 2011, to prevent default, Lisbon had to adopt several tough economic measures in exchange to financial aid from EU states.
Source: EuronewsBack to news list
- 05.10.2021 Like Smoke: E-cigarettes from China to Moscow
- 06.09.2021 Olympic Games and Paralympics in Tokyo Cause Cargo Delays
- 28.08.2021 Healing Ray: Medical Lasers from France
- 06.07.2021 Print Out: Printers from Hong Kong to Moscow by Airfreight
- 29.06.2021 Technical Support: Computer Parts from US and China