Russia will suspend air traffic with China from February 1
According to the Interfax news agency, air traffic between Russia and China will be suspended from February 1 due to the outbreak of the coronavirus epidemic. The decision was made at an emergency meeting of the operational headquarters to prevent the spread of a new infection. Such precautions are quite understandable, considering that since December 2019, 9 thousand 692 confirmed cases of the disease have been registered in China. "Almost all air routes between Russia and China will be closed, except regular Aeroflot flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong, as well as regular flights of four Chinese carriers to the capital's Sheremetyevo airport," Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova said.
It is also reported that all planes from China will arrive at Sheremetyevo terminal F and all the work of the aviation authorities and Rospotrebnadzor will be organized there, and those who arrive will be sent to medical institutions if necessary.
Russian citizens stayed on the territory of China will be able to return home if they wish so – for this purpose, Russia asks China to keep the slots of Russian flights. Chinese citizens who are in Russia, also will be offered to return to China if they want to.
Note that in addition to Aeroflot, S7 and Ural airlines operate regular flights from Russia to China. Air China, China Southern, China Eastern, Beijing Capital, and Hainan Airlines fly from China to Russia.Back to news list
- 17.09.2020 Ages Proved Quality: Tobacco from San Francisco to Moscow
- 10.09.2020 Japanese Longevity: Food Supplements by Airfreight from Japan to Moscow
- 14.08.2020 Like a King: Manicure Scissors and Accessories by Airfreight from Pakistan to Moscow
- 02.08.2020 Turkish Airlines Resume Flights to Russia
- 31.07.2020 Stop Disease: Antiseptic Concentrate by Airfreight from Johannesburg to Moscow