Over 1,500 Flights Cancelled in Chicago
Over 1,500 flights got cancelled in Chicago on Wednesday due to life threatening cold weather. In some areas the temperature dropped down to record levels.
Not less than 1,175 cancellations were registered at O'Hare airport at 8 am on Wednesday, and 326 cancellation at Midway Airport.
According to Chicago Department of Aviation delays at both airports compiled 15 minutes.
Freezing wind notice starting 6 pm Tuesday was given for all areas of Chicago.
Record and life threatening cold has crushed over the city and lasted for a night. The morning lowest temperatures compiled from -15 to -25 degrees C, and the wind temperature achieved from -45 to 55 degrees C, further drop down to -60 degrees is possible.
The temperatures are expected to drop to as low as - 10 to -20 C during the day, with dangerous wind marks of -35 to -50C. There exists possibility of snowstorms in some instances, and strong wind may cause drifting snow with nearly full darkness especially in rural areas.
Source: NBC ChicagoBack to news list
- 10.02.2019 Over 500 flights cancelled in Seattle (Tacoma) Airport
- 20.01.2019 Russian Foreign Ministry Notifies on Over 1,000 Flights Cancellation in the USA
- 05.01.2019 Emergency Vitamins Care: Delivery of Food Supplements from Vietnam and USA
- 30.10.2018 Winter Schedule Domodedovo: British Airways Cancels All Heavy Jet Flights
- 11.10.2018 Uzbekistan Airways shifts Moscow Flights to Vnukovo