Weidmannsheil! Hunting Guns and Patrons from Austria to Moscow
Austrian hunting traditions did not change much through years of its existence. For example, a hunter should despite of the weather be dressed in shorts and hat, and even use special language for communication.
Once hunter gets a trophy, two small branches are cut from a nearest tree. One branch is put into animal’s mouth representing its last food, and second one is soaked in its blood and handled to a hunter. “Weidmannsheil” serves both as special greeting and as congratulation with successful hunt; it is what is said when the second branch is placed in special loop on the right side of the hunter’s hat. That is why till recent hunters were nothing else, but hats, nevertheless, even many modern headwear designated for hunting is equipped with this loop on the right.
In the end of September Delivery World shipped lot of Austrian hunting guns from Austria to Moscow. Our regular customer is completing customs processing of the cargo that safely arrived to Moscow in the mid of autumn hunting season, and who knows maybe “Weidmannsheil!” will sound for you this autumn.Back to news list
- 15.07.2021 Perfect Memory: USB Flash Drives from Taiwan to Moscow
- 06.07.2021 Print Out: Printers from Hong Kong to Moscow by Airfreight
- 29.06.2021 Technical Support: Computer Parts from US and China
- 18.06.2021 Calls from Space: Satellite Phots from USA
- 10.06.2021 Russian Satellites: Sputnik V by airfreight to Antigua