Weidmannsheil! Hunting Guns and Patrons from Austria to Moscow
Austrian hunting traditions did not change much through years of its existence. For example, a hunter should despite of the weather be dressed in shorts and hat, and even use special language for communication.
Once hunter gets a trophy, two small branches are cut from a nearest tree. One branch is put into animal’s mouth representing its last food, and second one is soaked in its blood and handled to a hunter. “Weidmannsheil” serves both as special greeting and as congratulation with successful hunt; it is what is said when the second branch is placed in special loop on the right side of the hunter’s hat. That is why till recent hunters were nothing else, but hats, nevertheless, even many modern headwear designated for hunting is equipped with this loop on the right.
In the end of September Delivery World shipped lot of Austrian hunting guns from Austria to Moscow. Our regular customer is completing customs processing of the cargo that safely arrived to Moscow in the mid of autumn hunting season, and who knows maybe “Weidmannsheil!” will sound for you this autumn.Back to news list
- 21.10.2020 Aeroflot to Restore Regular Flights
- 11.10.2020 Gold of Madagascar: Chocolate from Madagascar to Moscow
- 17.09.2020 Ages Proved Quality: Tobacco from San Francisco to Moscow
- 10.09.2020 Japanese Longevity: Food Supplements by Airfreight from Japan to Moscow
- 21.08.2020 Russia Resumes International Flights from Kazan, Novosibirsk and Kaliningrad